Javy Báez won the prestigious LatinoMVP award in 2016 for the National League playing with the Chicago Cubs while his Puerto Rican compatriot, Francisco Lindor won the LatinoMVP in the American League while playing for the Cleveland Indians.
This past Tuesday Báez spoke on Boricua Spanish station Mega 106.9. He stated that if he goes into free agency at the end of this season, he’d like to be reunited with his Puerto Rico World Baseball Classic teammate, Lindor.
Javier Báez: "If I go to the free agency, I would like to play with Francisco Lindor. I loved playing with him in the World Classic. It is the only option I would take to play second base if it is to play with him, otherwise I stay playing at shortstop. pic.twitter.com/aOiZ8FbROZ
— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) July 28, 2021
- L. Dykstra from millionaire to miserable in 25 years – L.Dykstra de millonario a miserable en 25 años September 26, 2021
- Fernando Tatis Jr. Receives his 2020 LatinoMVP Award September 25, 2021
- Tatis Jr. Receives His 2020 LatinoMVP Award September 25, 2021
- The 52 catchers with 30 or more home runs – September 25, 2021
- Valuable Youth In Rays and Rangers – Valiosa juventud de Rays y Rangers September 24, 2021
- PADRES TO CELEBRATE HISPANIC HERITAGE WEEKEND September 23, 2021
- Top of the Pack Update: Round of 16 voting is now live! September 23, 2021
- FREE MLB FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS September 23, 2021
- Urías out of predictions for Cy Young winner – Urías fuera de predicciones para ganador del Cy Young September 23, 2021
- African Americans elevated to the Hall of Fame – Negros elevados al Hall de la Fama September 22, 2021