Bronx, NY: The Puerto Rican female basketball team has achieved a major milestone. For the first time in Puerto Rico’s female basketball team history, “Las Guerreras” representing Puerto Rico in FIBA’s Women’s AmeriCup tournament have surprised many by reaching the finals on Friday by defeating the third world ranked team, Canada 65-61.
Las Guerreras reached the AmeriCup after being undefeated in the Centro Basket Tournament where only four teams qualified to play in FIBA’s America’s Cup on the way to qualify for the Olympics.
This was the first time that Puerto Rico’s Women’s Basketball team reached the finals automatically qualifying for the Olympics. Puerto Rico faced the number 1 ranked USA team for the Gold. Puerto Rico lost, but won the Bronze.
- Mets score BIG in the Puerto Rican community with the Báez Trade July 31, 2021
- Edgardo, only Latino in the Mets’ HOF – Edgardo, único latino en HOF de los Mets July 31, 2021
- Baez Joins Lindor: Perfect Combo for Mets July 31, 2021
- NYFC Routs Columbus Crew July 31, 2021
- Báez On Playing With Lindor July 30, 2021
- Báez on trade to Mets July 30, 2021
- A Trade Deadline To Remember July 30, 2021
- Cessa optimistic about change to the Reds – Cessa optimista por cambio a los Rojos July 30, 2021
- The PR Women’s National Basketball Team faces Belgium in action at the Tokyo Olympics. July 29, 2021
- Mets Lose As Trade Deadline Nears July 29, 2021