Philadelphia Phillies reliever José Alvarado has received a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for inciting a benches-clearing incident following the top of the eighth inning of Friday night’s home game against the New York Mets at Citizens Bank Park. Michael Hill, Major League Baseball’s Senior Vice President for On-Field Operations, made the announcement.
The suspension of Alvarado had been scheduled to begin tonight, when the Phillies continue their series against the Mets. However, Alvarado has elected to appeal. Thus, the discipline will be held in abeyance until the process is complete.
In addition, Mets outfielder Dominic Smith and pitcher Miguel Castro have received undisclosed fines for their roles in the on-field incident.
- Canelo Alvarez: Brings Boxing Back To Reality May 8, 2021
- FERNANDO TATIS JR. STARS IN “CATCH,” A NEW PSA CELEBRATING May 8, 2021
- Corpse of Ascanio in Caracas cemetery – Cadáver de Ascanio en cementerio caraqueño May 8, 2021
- Latin Legends Pedro, Big Papi Help Bosox Find Future Stars May 7, 2021
- Look at this, pure symmetry? May 7, 2021
- No More Extra Innings Now It’s Home Run – No más extra innings ahora jonrón derby May 7, 2021
- Ynoa Is Called “Designated Huascar” For Good Reason May 5, 2021
- What it takes to throw a no-hitter / Lo necesario para tirar juego sin hits May 5, 2021
- Many Ask, What’s Up With Francisco Lindor? May 4, 2021
- Bernie and the Mets May 4, 2021