Philadelphia Phillies reliever José Alvarado has received a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for inciting a benches-clearing incident following the top of the eighth inning of Friday night’s home game against the New York Mets at Citizens Bank Park. Michael Hill, Major League Baseball’s Senior Vice President for On-Field Operations, made the announcement.
The suspension of Alvarado had been scheduled to begin tonight, when the Phillies continue their series against the Mets. However, Alvarado has elected to appeal. Thus, the discipline will be held in abeyance until the process is complete.
In addition, Mets outfielder Dominic Smith and pitcher Miguel Castro have received undisclosed fines for their roles in the on-field incident.
- Mets score BIG in the Puerto Rican community with the Báez Trade July 31, 2021
- Edgardo, only Latino in the Mets’ HOF – Edgardo, único latino en HOF de los Mets July 31, 2021
- Baez Joins Lindor: Perfect Combo for Mets July 31, 2021
- NYFC Routs Columbus Crew July 31, 2021
- Báez On Playing With Lindor July 30, 2021
- Báez on trade to Mets July 30, 2021
- A Trade Deadline To Remember July 30, 2021
- Cessa optimistic about change to the Reds – Cessa optimista por cambio a los Rojos July 30, 2021
- The PR Women’s National Basketball Team faces Belgium in action at the Tokyo Olympics. July 29, 2021
- Mets Lose As Trade Deadline Nears July 29, 2021