(Story Translated from El Nuevo Dia)
The Puerto Rican canastero is in his senior year with the University of Texas San Antonio
The Puerto Rican point guard Jhivvan Jackson recently became the Latin American-born player with the most points in the history of division one NCAA collegiate basketball of the United States. Jhivvan highlighted his Roadrunners team from the University of Texas of San Antonio (UTSA).
In his last year of eligibility, the son of former Panamanian player Leroy Jackson and grandson of Puerto Rican coach, Flor Meléndez scored 2,461 points to surpass his compatriot José Juan Barea, who from 2003 to 2006 scored 2,290 with Northwesthern University.
On the list of top Latin scorers are the Dominicans Luis Flores (2,046) and Felipe López (1,927), plus the Panamanian Rolando Blackman (1,844).
Jackson, who is emerging as a future member of Puerto Rico’s adult National Team, this year averaged 20.4 points with 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists with the Roadrunnes, who have four wins in a row, seven in their last eight games. They play 8-6, fourth in the USA-West Conference.
In his third year in the NCAA, the Bayamon native finished as the second best to score nationally with an average of 26.8 points.
To date, he is ranked 86th in the NCAA’s top 100 all-time scorers.
- My old man, my dear old man, now he’s walking slow – Viejo, mi querido viejo, Ahora ya camina lerdo June 19, 2021
- Another arbitrariness from Rob, The Destroyer – Otra arbitrariedad de Rob, El Destructor June 18, 2021
- All Star Baseball Leaders Via Fan Voting – Muchos Latinos June 17, 2021
- GUERRERO JR., ACUÑA JR. LEADING RESPECTIVE LEAGUES IN FIRST GOOGLE MLB ALL-STAR BALLOT UPDATE June 17, 2021
- MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND THE COLORADO ROCKIES PRESENT THE LARGEST FREE FAN EVENT OF ALL-STAR WEEK – PLAY BALL PARK June 17, 2021
- The Dodgers have Numerous catchers – Numerosos catchers tienen los Dodgers June 17, 2021
- Javy Baez Could Be Biggest Prize Of Next MLB Free-Agent Market June 16, 2021
- Gabriel García Márquez, the immortal of letters – Gabriel García Márquez, el inmortal de las letras June 16, 2021
- They elected for the HOF but had no home – Elegían para el HOF pero no tenían casa June 15, 2021
- The Letters from the Beyond.- The one of José G. Hernández for the people of the baseball – June 14, 2021