(Story Translated from El Nuevo Dia)
The Puerto Rican canastero is in his senior year with the University of Texas San Antonio
The Puerto Rican point guard Jhivvan Jackson recently became the Latin American-born player with the most points in the history of division one NCAA collegiate basketball of the United States. Jhivvan highlighted his Roadrunners team from the University of Texas of San Antonio (UTSA).
In his last year of eligibility, the son of former Panamanian player Leroy Jackson and grandson of Puerto Rican coach, Flor Meléndez scored 2,461 points to surpass his compatriot José Juan Barea, who from 2003 to 2006 scored 2,290 with Northwesthern University.
On the list of top Latin scorers are the Dominicans Luis Flores (2,046) and Felipe López (1,927), plus the Panamanian Rolando Blackman (1,844).
Jackson, who is emerging as a future member of Puerto Rico’s adult National Team, this year averaged 20.4 points with 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists with the Roadrunnes, who have four wins in a row, seven in their last eight games. They play 8-6, fourth in the USA-West Conference.
In his third year in the NCAA, the Bayamon native finished as the second best to score nationally with an average of 26.8 points.
To date, he is ranked 86th in the NCAA’s top 100 all-time scorers.
- deGrom ties career high K’s, but Mets bats silent April 11, 2021
- Another Wasted deGrom Masterpiece April 10, 2021
- Let’s celebrate for the history of baseball – Vamos a celebrar por la historia del beisbol April 10, 2021
- This Was One Weird Opening Day Mets Victory April 9, 2021
- Odor is not wanted by the Yankees or Rangers – A Odor no lo quieren ni Yankees ni Rangers April 9, 2021
- Resurrect pitcher’s Batting in the American League – Resucita el pitcher bateador en la LA April 8, 2021
- No Mexican in the Hall of Fame – Ningún mexicano en el Hall de la Fama April 7, 2021
- COLORADO ROCKIES WILL HOST 2021 ALL-STAR WEEK April 6, 2021
- The Letters from the Hereafter – From Henry Chadwick to the US Congress * Las Cartas desde el Más Allá.- De Henry Chadwick al Congreso de USA April 5, 2021
- Grounder that falls foul but is sentenced fair – Roletazo que cae foul pero se sentencia fair April 5, 2021