San Juan, PR: The local Basketball Federation expressed that there is a great possibility that the Puerto Ricans will host the qualifying phase.
The Basketball Federation is entertaining the possibility that Puerto Rico will host the third and last qualifying window for the AmeriCup 2022, to be held from February 18 to 22. This was confirmed by Federation President, Yum Ramos.
The celebration of the matches would be in a ‘bubble’ format, without fans in the stands, due to the prohibition of mass activities on the island due to the validity of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ramos does not rule out the Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan as the venue.
“Although the fans move the box office, I can tell you that we are looking for the best alternatives to celebrate it in Puerto Rico. This time, there is a great possibility, “he said.
In fact, the last time the National Team played in Puerto Rico was on February 20, 2020 at Clemente Coliseum in the first phase of the competition. The Puerto Ricans fell 83-70 against the United States. On February 23, they traveled to Washington D.C., where they again lost 95-73 to the Americans.
- Mets score BIG in the Puerto Rican community with the Báez Trade July 31, 2021
- Edgardo, only Latino in the Mets’ HOF – Edgardo, único latino en HOF de los Mets July 31, 2021
- Baez Joins Lindor: Perfect Combo for Mets July 31, 2021
- NYFC Routs Columbus Crew July 31, 2021
- Báez On Playing With Lindor July 30, 2021
- Báez on trade to Mets July 30, 2021
- A Trade Deadline To Remember July 30, 2021
- Cessa optimistic about change to the Reds – Cessa optimista por cambio a los Rojos July 30, 2021
- The PR Women’s National Basketball Team faces Belgium in action at the Tokyo Olympics. July 29, 2021
- Mets Lose As Trade Deadline Nears July 29, 2021