El Bronx, NY: Anthony Rendón was the latest 2019 LatinoMVP award winner to receive his award. Rendón won his National League award for his 2019 season with the Washington Nationals, but since he signed with the Los Angeles Angels in December 2019, we had to send the award to him in Anaheim, CA.
As we predicted these awards could not have come at a better time given the total disruption of what a routine baseball season should be and the lack of direct fan appreciation, Anthony was super pleased to receive his two awards. Unlike what we normally would have done, perhaps an on field pre-game award ceremony, or an awards luncheon with local Latino Little Leagues and community leaders this award was given in the solemn quarters of the Angels locker room.
In the absence of being there when he was handed his two awards, we can only imagine the pleasure he must have had when he saw what he had received. His awards consisted of a one of a kind watercolor painting by renowned artist, James Fiorentino and an illustration by the known illustrator, John Pennisi.
It is said that a smile can reveal many things and judging by the picture we received from the Angels media team of Rendón holding up his awards we can surmise that he was more than surprised to have finally seen his awards. Awards that we are sure he was anxious to take home and like many of the past awardees decide where he would display these two pieces of art. We asked the Angels media team for any comment we could report on when he received his awards and they informed us that he said, “I am honored to receive such a prestigious award that represents the Latin Community in Major League Baseball.”
We want to thank the Angels media team for their cooperation in getting the award to Rendón and facilitating a picture and his comment. We also want to thank Major League Baseball for the support they have given to these 30th Annual LatinoMVP awards and helping to get them out to all the winners.
- Heaven Continues to Strengthen in Baseball Taking Don Sutton – El Cielo sigue reforzándose se ha llevado a Don Sutton January 21, 2021
- Farewell to Don Sutton January 20, 2021
- Washington Riots Won’t Affect Nationals – Disturbios en Washington no afectarán a Nationals January 20, 2021
- The Caribbean Series, A Cadaverous Show – La Serie del Caribe, Un Espectáculo Cadavérico January 19, 2021
- The Letters from Beyond From Martin Luther King to Aaron Hicks – Las Cartas desde el Más Allá De Martín Luther King para Aaron Hicks January 18, 2021
- More Than $500 Million in MLB Contracts – Má$ de 500 millone$ en contrato$ de MLB January 17, 2021
- Shortstops With 30 and More Home Runs Per Year – Campocortos con 30 y más jonrones por año January 16, 2021
- No more baseball money in political campaigns January 15, 2021
- MLB NAMES THEO EPSTEIN CONSULTANT REGARDING ON-FIELD MATTERS January 14, 2021
- The Best Free Agents Left On The Market – Los mejores agentes libres que quedan en el mercado January 14, 2021