Members of the New York Yankees and the Tampa Bay Rays have been disciplined as a result of incidents that occurred during and following the ninth inning of Tuesday night’s game at Yankee Stadium. Chris Young, Major League Baseball’s Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations, made the announcement.
- Yankees pitcher Aroldis Chapman has received a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing a pitch at the head area of Mike Brosseau of the Rays in the top of the ninth inning. Chapman has previously been disciplined in his career for intentional throwing at the head area.
- Yankees manager Aaron Boone has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine as a result of Chapman’s action.
- Rays manager Kevin Cash has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for his ejection and his postgame comments.
The suspensions of Boone and Cash will be served tonight, when these two Clubs are to continue their series at Yankee Stadium. Unless appealed, the suspension of Chapman will begin tonight. If Chapman elects to appeal, then the discipline will be held in abeyance until the process is complete.
- The Yankees: A New Murders Row in The Bronx? September 18, 2020
- The Minor Leagues, Where Players Learn The Game September 17, 2020
- MLB AND MLB CLUBS TAKE ACTION ON VOTER EDUCATION, REGISTRATION & TURNOUT, AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT September 17, 2020
- Freddie Freeman Takes Front-Runner Spot In National League MVP Chase September 16, 2020
- William Gerena-Rochet: It Was Always About Reality September 15, 2020
- Tell It To The Judge September 14, 2020
- Boxing Notebook: Canelo, Oscar, and DAZN In Contract Fight September 12, 2020
- Anthony Rendón Receives His LatinoMVP Award September 11, 2020
- The Mets Pull Out Improbable Win Over Orioles September 10, 2020
- Time Is Running Thin For Yankees September 10, 2020