Bronx, NY: The New York Mets might have a losing record in this shortened Pandemic season, but yesterday New York’s second baseball team won a major victory in the morality of New York sports teams. The Mets and the Marlins joined other sports teams in making a statement against the the horrendous police brutality cases and ongoing violence against people of color and in support of Black Live Matter. Led onto the field by Dominic Smith, the Mets and the Marlins held a 42-second moment of silence, then both teams walked off and did not play Thursday’s finale, they then placed a Black Lives Matter shirt at home plate.
Yankee and Mets fans are always debating on who’s the better team? Who won more championships, who had better players, etc.? One argument we can all now agree with is that the Mets are definitely on a higher moral ground and all New York baseball fans can appreciate their action yesterday.
- Dodgers Without Blacks In Starting Lineups – Los Dodgers sin negros en alineaciones iniciales October 23, 2020
- It Has Worked For MLB: World Series Continues October 22, 2020
- Rays’ Bounce Back and Win Another Nail Biter October 22, 2020
- Highest Paid in Major League Baseball – Los Mejor Pagados En Las Grandes Liga October 22, 2020
- Dodgers Take Game One In A Dominating Way October 21, 2020
- Cuba Mourns The Departure Of Tomás ‘El Jabao’ Herrera October 21, 2020
- The Most Defeated In The World Series – Los más derrotados en las S. Mundiales October 21, 2020
- FANS SEARCH FOR FERNANDO TATIS JR. HIGHLIGHTS MORE THAN ANY OTHER DURING 2020 POSTSEASON October 20, 2020
- The Game Taught Roberts That The Pitcher Was Urías October 20, 2020
- Letters From Beyond – Bob Gibson’s for Young Pitchers – Las cartas desde El Más Allá.- La de Bob Gibson para Los jóvenes lanzadores October 20, 2020