Reading Pa: Top super welterweight contender Erickson Lubin continued his resurgence with a dominant 10-round unanimous decision victory over Nathaniel Gallimore Saturday night on SHOWTIME from Santander Arena in Reading, Pa.
In the opening bout of the telecast, undefeated Cuban heavyweight Frank Sanchez pitched a shutout against Jack Mulowayi, winning a 10-round unanimous decision scored 100-90 by all three judges.
Sanchez (14-0, 11 KOs) was the more active fighter from the opening bell, targeting the body against the defensive-minded Mulowayi (7-2-1, 3 KOs). The 27-year-old Sanchez, who was taken the 10-round distance for the first time, threw over 250 more punches than his opponent.
Sanchez is seeking to become the first heavyweightr champion from Cuba. The win will propel him in the rankings as more opportuities await the heavyweight.
Next in line to get that distinction is Luis Ortiz who gets another shot at the WBC title held by Deotnay Wilder. That fight will take place November 23 on Fox Pay-Per-Vew from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
“My opponent didn’t really want to fight, he just wanted to fight dirty,” Sanchez said. “So all I could do was give him some lateral movement. It’s difficult when someone doesn’t want to engage. We wanted to touch him down, touch him up high. But once he got touched, the guy just tried to tie up.
“There was no problem going 10 rounds. I’m in great shape and I’m ready to fight again as soon as possible. I showed my technical superiority tonight. All the heavyweights better watch out.”
Top super welterweight contender Erickson Lubin continued his resurgence with a dominant 10-round unanimous decision victory.
Lubin (22-1, 16 KOs) won his fourth straight fight since a knockout loss to Jermell Charlo in a title challenge in 2017. The 24-year-old landed 42 percent of his power shots en route to the wide decision, scored 99-91 by all three judges.
The southpaw relied on a suburb left hook, attacking from a variety of angles against the durable Gallimore (21-4-1, 17 KOs) as he improved to 4-0 since beginning to train with southpaw specialist Kevin Cunningham.
- PIONEER LEAGUE DESIGNATED PARTNER LEAGUE OF MLB November 30, 2020
- Mexico overwhelms Puerto Rico in FIBA action in Indianapolis November 30, 2020
- The letters from El Beyond- From Yogi To – Yadier Molina /Las cartas desde El Más Allá.- La de Yogi para Yadier November 30, 2020
- MLB ANNOUNCES NEW “MLB DRAFT LEAGUE” November 30, 2020
- My Hall of Fame Votes 2021 – Mis Votos Para El Hall de la Fama 2021 November 29, 2020
- Likely Landing Spots For Baseball’s Leading Latinos November 28, 2020
- Very Bad Hall of Fame Candidate – Muy Malos Candidato Para el Hall de la Fama November 28, 2020
- From The Slums To The World Stage November 27, 2020
- Rays Let Go of Their Best Pitchers – Los Rays salen de sus mejores lanzadores November 27, 2020
- Very serious situation of Randy Arozarena – Muy grave situación de Randy Arozarena November 26, 2020