Bronx, NY: It’s been a while since Yankee fans have had something big to really SCREAM about. That changed yesterday when the Yankees held off the soaring Houston Astros from eliminating them in their home turf. You have Yankee fans and then you have Bronx Yankee fans. They both root for their team, but Bronx Yankee fans have a higher, louder level of rooting as they are also rooting for their home, the BX, the Boogiedown, El Condado De La Salsa. The Bronx Yankee fans were screaming for pride as they were happy that the Astros were not going to clinch the American League Championship here in the Bronx. “Not in our Turf,” was the chant outside Yankee stadium.
Yankee fans attended game five with the fear that it could have been the last Yankee stadium game of the season. So when the Yankees broke the game open off Aaron Hicks three run homer to break the one – one tie and put the Yankees on the winning path with a score of 4-1, the fans went wild. However, that was not as wild as they were outside the streets of Yankee stadium. For those that missed it, here is a small glimpse. It was a beautiful site that us locals have not seen in years.
- Yoenis Cespedes: Bizarre To The End With The Mets August 2, 2020
- Baseball Scouts, The Game Can Not Survive Without Them August 2, 2020
- TODAY’S BREWERS-CARDINALS DOUBLEHEADER POSTPONED August 2, 2020
- PHILLIES-BLUE JAYS WEEKEND SERIES POSTPONED August 1, 2020
- This column falls today on the disabled list/Esta columna cae hoy en la lista de los lesionados August 1, 2020
- Coppola: Better Than Nothing? July 31, 2020
- Christian Vázquez Hits Two Home Runs To Help Sox Defeat Mets at Citi Field July 31, 2020
- José Reyes Was All New York With The Mets July 30, 2020
- Rising Stars Shine Bright As They Notch First Hit Of Their Career July 30, 2020
- Marlins Games Postponed Through Sunday July 29, 2020