Bronx, NY: It’s been a while since Yankee fans have had something big to really SCREAM about. That changed yesterday when the Yankees held off the soaring Houston Astros from eliminating them in their home turf. You have Yankee fans and then you have Bronx Yankee fans. They both root for their team, but Bronx Yankee fans have a higher, louder level of rooting as they are also rooting for their home, the BX, the Boogiedown, El Condado De La Salsa. The Bronx Yankee fans were screaming for pride as they were happy that the Astros were not going to clinch the American League Championship here in the Bronx. “Not in our Turf,” was the chant outside Yankee stadium.
Yankee fans attended game five with the fear that it could have been the last Yankee stadium game of the season. So when the Yankees broke the game open off Aaron Hicks three run homer to break the one – one tie and put the Yankees on the winning path with a score of 4-1, the fans went wild. However, that was not as wild as they were outside the streets of Yankee stadium. For those that missed it, here is a small glimpse. It was a beautiful site that us locals have not seen in years.
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020
- Alex Cora is The Latest Casualty; Is Carlos Beltran Next? January 14, 2020
- Latino Sports & Puerto Ricans Across Baseball Shine Light on Island Following Series of Earthquakes January 14, 2020
- The Metrics Are Not As Good As It Seems January 14, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Home Run Baker For Kris Bryant January 13, 2020
- The Mexican family of the Urías is partying January 10, 2020
- Latino Sports: Rising Stars – American League East January 9, 2020
- Betances Is Introduced as Mets BelieveThey have The Best Bullpen January 2, 2020