Bronx, NY: It’s been a while since Yankee fans have had something big to really SCREAM about. That changed yesterday when the Yankees held off the soaring Houston Astros from eliminating them in their home turf. You have Yankee fans and then you have Bronx Yankee fans. They both root for their team, but Bronx Yankee fans have a higher, louder level of rooting as they are also rooting for their home, the BX, the Boogiedown, El Condado De La Salsa. The Bronx Yankee fans were screaming for pride as they were happy that the Astros were not going to clinch the American League Championship here in the Bronx. “Not in our Turf,” was the chant outside Yankee stadium.
Yankee fans attended game five with the fear that it could have been the last Yankee stadium game of the season. So when the Yankees broke the game open off Aaron Hicks three run homer to break the one – one tie and put the Yankees on the winning path with a score of 4-1, the fans went wild. However, that was not as wild as they were outside the streets of Yankee stadium. For those that missed it, here is a small glimpse. It was a beautiful site that us locals have not seen in years.
- Sports In A Cemetery December 3, 2019
- Ruiz Vows To Make Boxing History Again In Rematch With Johsua November 27, 2019
- Baseball From Cuba November 24, 2019
- Grateful for Winter Baseball November 23, 2019
- Our Introduction to the 500 Years of Havana November 22, 2019
- ERIK VEGA VS. ALBERTO PALMETTA Battle On Showtime Friday NIght November 14, 2019
- Two Puerto Ricans Make The News. One Good, One Not So Good November 5, 2019
- Welcome Home Carlos Beltran The New Mets Manager November 4, 2019
- Canelo Alvarez Adds Another Title To his Legacy November 3, 2019
- Carlos Beltran To Manage Mets November 2, 2019