El Bronx, NY: Yesterday I walked over to Yankee stadium to pick up my credentials for this ALCS series and as I walked there through Heritage Park (the site of the old Yankee stadium) I was enjoying the tranquility of the neighborhood. The usual automobile traffic on Jerome and River Avenues, the busses coming down 161st Street and the very little pedestrians as most of the pedestrian activity starts across the street on the East side of the stadium where you have the 161st subway and McDonalds right on the corner. Heading up 161st Street that’s where the tenements begin on Gerard Ave and the more active community activity starts.
Well, that peace will be totally changed this afternoon as the Houston Astros will be facing the hometown Yankees in what will be a bit of a repeat of last years ALDS series when the Astros took the four of seven series and with it took the hope and aspirations of the Yankee fans who were rooting their team to the World Series. The Astros wound up losing to the Boston Red Sox who went on and defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers to be crowned the 2018 World Series Champions.
However, that was last year and the Red Sox are not in this 2019 picture at all. This series between the Yankees and the Astros is for all the American League marbles. Who will be representing the American League in the World Series? From all indications it looks like the winner will face off with against the Washington Nationals who are leading the series against the Saint Louis Cardinals 3-0.
This afternoon and early evening the quiet area around Heritage Park, Jerome, River and 161st Street will look like a mini-Mardi Gras festival of adrenaline filled baseball fans.
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020
- Alex Cora is The Latest Casualty; Is Carlos Beltran Next? January 14, 2020
- Latino Sports & Puerto Ricans Across Baseball Shine Light on Island Following Series of Earthquakes January 14, 2020
- The Metrics Are Not As Good As It Seems January 14, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Home Run Baker For Kris Bryant January 13, 2020
- The Mexican family of the Urías is partying January 10, 2020
- Latino Sports: Rising Stars – American League East January 9, 2020
- Betances Is Introduced as Mets BelieveThey have The Best Bullpen January 2, 2020