FLUSHING – On Saturday, June 29, 2019, I interviewed former N.Y. Mets catcher and World Series champion Duffy Dyer. This unforgettable one-on-one occurred at Citi-Field prior to the pre-game ceremony honoring this extraordinary ballclub winning the World Series 50 years ago.
And yet, it was 47 years ago, Dyer had the distinct honor of being behind the plate (his teammate Jon Matlack was the pitcher) for Pittsburgh Pirates legend Roberto Clemente’s historic 3,000th hit.
WATCH and LISTEN to their first-hand recollections on what happened at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh and how they would be WITNESSING 3000 unfold before their own eyes.
VIDEO PRODUCTION: Geraldo Gonzalez
- Danny Garcia Aims For Saturday Night In Title Eliminator January 23, 2020
- Fans of All Ages Needed to See the 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Press Conference January 22, 2020
- Mets Dig From Within to Find New Skipper Luis Rojas January 22, 2020
- In the “Home Run Derby” They All Know What The Pitcher Will Throw January 22, 2020
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020