FLUSHING – On Saturday, June 29, 2019, I interviewed former N.Y. Mets catcher and World Series champion Duffy Dyer. This unforgettable one-on-one occurred at Citi-Field prior to the pre-game ceremony honoring this extraordinary ballclub winning the World Series 50 years ago.
And yet, it was 47 years ago, Dyer had the distinct honor of being behind the plate (his teammate Jon Matlack was the pitcher) for Pittsburgh Pirates legend Roberto Clemente’s historic 3,000th hit.
WATCH and LISTEN to their first-hand recollections on what happened at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh and how they would be WITNESSING 3000 unfold before their own eyes.
VIDEO PRODUCTION: Geraldo Gonzalez
- Remembering The Past Makes This Year Even Harder To Take August 14, 2020
- Two Down Six To Go – LatinoMVP Awards August 13, 2020
- Batting .400 Will This Be The Year? August 12, 2020
- Analyzing The Gary Sánchez Yankees Issue August 11, 2020
- FERNANDO TATIS JR., FRANKIE MONTAS NAMED PLAYERS OF THE WEEK PRESENTED BY CHEVROLET August 11, 2020
- CARDINALS-TIGERS DOUBLEHEADER POSTPONED August 11, 2020
- El Niño & Montas Earn MLB Player of the Week Awards August 10, 2020
- Players To Soon Receive Their LatinoMVP Awards August 9, 2020
- REMAINDER OF CARDINALS-CUBS SERIES POSTPONED August 8, 2020
- Ricardo Pinched Hit In Booth And Adjusted August 5, 2020