Bronx, NY: It’s been a long while sine the Yankee clubhouse had to prepare itself for a washing over of Champagne, but this crop of Yankee players have been fighting for this all season. Aaron Judge said it best, “everyone here was hungry to win this, and all the minor league players that came up were really hungry to prove and help win this.”
The last time the Yanks won the AL East division series was in 2012 and they did it last night in Bombers fashion by defeating the Angels, 9-1. LeMahieu’s, 25th homer, preceding Gardner’s 26 (career high) and Maybin and Frazier blast proved that the Yanks were destined to win their 100th game and clinch before a home crowd that has waited a long time for this.
It was a memorable moment seeing Chapman striking out Albert Pujols with men on base for the final out. These two great Latino players facing off against each other to end their last season encounter was my highlight.
The Yankees have won 21 postseason wins in the last 25 seasons going back to 1995. They also recorded their second consecutive 100-win season. The last was in 2002-04.
Congratulations to the New York Yankees, the South Bronx was partying late last night.
- Danny Garcia Aims For Saturday Night In Title Eliminator January 23, 2020
- Fans of All Ages Needed to See the 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Press Conference January 22, 2020
- Mets Dig From Within to Find New Skipper Luis Rojas January 22, 2020
- In the “Home Run Derby” They All Know What The Pitcher Will Throw January 22, 2020
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020