Bronx, NY: It’s been a long while sine the Yankee clubhouse had to prepare itself for a washing over of Champagne, but this crop of Yankee players have been fighting for this all season. Aaron Judge said it best, “everyone here was hungry to win this, and all the minor league players that came up were really hungry to prove and help win this.”
The last time the Yanks won the AL East division series was in 2012 and they did it last night in Bombers fashion by defeating the Angels, 9-1. LeMahieu’s, 25th homer, preceding Gardner’s 26 (career high) and Maybin and Frazier blast proved that the Yanks were destined to win their 100th game and clinch before a home crowd that has waited a long time for this.
It was a memorable moment seeing Chapman striking out Albert Pujols with men on base for the final out. These two great Latino players facing off against each other to end their last season encounter was my highlight.
The Yankees have won 21 postseason wins in the last 25 seasons going back to 1995. They also recorded their second consecutive 100-win season. The last was in 2002-04.
Congratulations to the New York Yankees, the South Bronx was partying late last night.
- We Wait With No Baseball During This Coronavirus Pandemic April 3, 2020
- Yankees And Mets Will Play Outside Of New York (También En Español) April 2, 2020
- When Corona Virus goes, it will be little by little. March 30, 2020
- 30th Anniversary LatinoMVP Awards Won’t Be Spoiled By The Corona Virus Pandemic March 29, 2020
- No Baseball on Scheduled Opening Day March 26, 2020
- Update On Baseball & Home Run Leaders March 20, 2020
- The Update And Options As We Stay Safe March 19, 2020
- This column Celebrates 60 years of providing daily service, from Monday to Sunday. March 18, 2020
- Threat of Corona Virus.- They fear that Perhaps No Baseball In All 2020 March 13, 2020
- Sports World Stops Amid Coronavirus March 12, 2020