Bronx, NY: It’s been a long while sine the Yankee clubhouse had to prepare itself for a washing over of Champagne, but this crop of Yankee players have been fighting for this all season. Aaron Judge said it best, “everyone here was hungry to win this, and all the minor league players that came up were really hungry to prove and help win this.”
The last time the Yanks won the AL East division series was in 2012 and they did it last night in Bombers fashion by defeating the Angels, 9-1. LeMahieu’s, 25th homer, preceding Gardner’s 26 (career high) and Maybin and Frazier blast proved that the Yanks were destined to win their 100th game and clinch before a home crowd that has waited a long time for this.
It was a memorable moment seeing Chapman striking out Albert Pujols with men on base for the final out. These two great Latino players facing off against each other to end their last season encounter was my highlight.
The Yankees have won 21 postseason wins in the last 25 seasons going back to 1995. They also recorded their second consecutive 100-win season. The last was in 2002-04.
Congratulations to the New York Yankees, the South Bronx was partying late last night.
- MLB ANNOUNCES 2021 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE July 9, 2020
- Danger from a players’ strike in 2022 – Peligro de una huelga de peloteros en 2022 July 9, 2020
- Short But Not Sweet: Crazy MLB Schedule Hard To Figure Out July 8, 2020
- The Cleveland Indians will no longer be the Indians – Los Indios de Cléveland ya no serán los Indios July 8, 2020
- The Letter from the Afterlife.- From Buck Canel for BB journalists/La Carta desde el Más Allá.- De Buck Canel para los periodistas del BB July 7, 2020
- The Risk Has Arrived With MLB Schedule In Place July 7, 2020
- What We’ve Seen In The First Week of Summer Camp July 6, 2020
- Latin Americans and the Hall of Fame – July 4, 2020
- THE 2022 MIDSUMMER CLASSIC TO THE DODGERS July 3, 2020
- MLB AND MLBPA ANNOUNCE FIRST COVID-19 TEST RESULTS July 3, 2020