Bronx, N.Y. — In front of an electric crowd under the bright lights at Yankee Stadium, catcher Gary Sanchez lifted the Yankees to a 5-3 win over Boston with home run No. 18 on the season Saturday night.
Despite having pitcher Domingo Germán struggle early on, the Yankees offense came alive against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello with RBIs from Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu in the bottom of the second inning and a two-run home run from Sanchez in the fifth inning.
The Red Sox got to Germán early in the game with Red Sox catcher Sandy Leon striking first with the first run of the game. Leon, a Maracaibo, Venezuela native, went 3-for-3 on the night, driving in two of the Red Soxs’ three runs on the night.
- Mercado Shows Patience and Progress For Indians August 23, 2019
- WATCH: Colombian Pride with Gio Urshela August 20, 2019
- WATCH: One-on-One with WFAN’S Ed Coleman August 20, 2019
- Roberto Clemente’s Birthday Commemorated In Bronx In BIG Style August 19, 2019
- Yankees And Umpires At It Again Taking Care Of Indians August 17, 2019
- A Special & Exciting Birthday Celebration & Recognition For The Great One: Roberto Clemente. August 17, 2019
- Puig Kept It Close For Indians In The Bronx August 17, 2019
- German Deserves To Be Yankees Ace August 14, 2019
- Edwin Diaz: Mets Need To Get Him Right August 11, 2019
- Nationals Know Mets Are Real August 11, 2019