Bronx, N.Y. — In front of an electric crowd under the bright lights at Yankee Stadium, catcher Gary Sanchez lifted the Yankees to a 5-3 win over Boston with home run No. 18 on the season Saturday night.
Despite having pitcher Domingo Germán struggle early on, the Yankees offense came alive against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello with RBIs from Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu in the bottom of the second inning and a two-run home run from Sanchez in the fifth inning.
The Red Sox got to Germán early in the game with Red Sox catcher Sandy Leon striking first with the first run of the game. Leon, a Maracaibo, Venezuela native, went 3-for-3 on the night, driving in two of the Red Soxs’ three runs on the night.
- Newest Bronx Bomber Already Leads League In Home Runs June 16, 2019
- Diaz Gets The Save In Mets Adventure June 16, 2019
- A Cardinals Win With Meaning June 15, 2019
- Settle For Split In The Bronx June 12, 2019
- How Rafu Rodríguez-Bertrán Is A Shining Star for Puerto Rico on the AVP Beach Volleyball Tour June 10, 2019
- David Ortiz Expected to Make Full Recovery After Shooting June 10, 2019
- Tempers Flared But Not deGrom June 7, 2019
- Vargas Was Complete June 6, 2019
- SF Giants Pitcher Dereck Rodríguez Is Enjoying His Career Trajectory as a Pitcher June 6, 2019
- To Live and Die in LA June 5, 2019