Bronx, N.Y. — In front of an electric crowd under the bright lights at Yankee Stadium, catcher Gary Sanchez lifted the Yankees to a 5-3 win over Boston with home run No. 18 on the season Saturday night.
Despite having pitcher Domingo Germán struggle early on, the Yankees offense came alive against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello with RBIs from Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu in the bottom of the second inning and a two-run home run from Sanchez in the fifth inning.
The Red Sox got to Germán early in the game with Red Sox catcher Sandy Leon striking first with the first run of the game. Leon, a Maracaibo, Venezuela native, went 3-for-3 on the night, driving in two of the Red Soxs’ three runs on the night.
- Home Run Record Hit This Last Season & Other Tidbits December 14, 2019
- Aparicio Connected More Hits Than Ted Williams & Other Questions Answered. December 11, 2019
- Pancho Pepe, A Narrator For All Of Latin America & Letters Answered December 10, 2019
- A George Steinbrenner Letter From The Hereafter & Other Bits December 9, 2019
- JUAN VENE AND BASEBALL December 8, 2019
- Sports In A Cemetery December 3, 2019
- Ruiz Vows To Make Boxing History Again In Rematch With Johsua November 27, 2019
- Baseball From Cuba November 24, 2019
- Grateful for Winter Baseball November 23, 2019
- Our Introduction to the 500 Years of Havana November 22, 2019