Bronx, N.Y. — The New York Yankees did not let a home run from Red Soxs third baseman Rafael Devers in the bottom of the second inning spoil their night. DJ LeMahieu and Aaron Hicks provided a pair of RBIs to give the Yankees a 4-1 lead and their 37th win of the season. Skilled defensive plays from the Yankees infield made a statement, not allowing the Red Sox offense to score more than a single run on Friday night.
The Yankees hope to carry the winning momentum into Saturday night’s game with Domingo Germán (9-1, 3.43 ERA) on the mound against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello (4-4, 4.41 ERA).
- Newest Bronx Bomber Already Leads League In Home Runs June 16, 2019
- Diaz Gets The Save In Mets Adventure June 16, 2019
- A Cardinals Win With Meaning June 15, 2019
- Settle For Split In The Bronx June 12, 2019
- How Rafu Rodríguez-Bertrán Is A Shining Star for Puerto Rico on the AVP Beach Volleyball Tour June 10, 2019
- David Ortiz Expected to Make Full Recovery After Shooting June 10, 2019
- Tempers Flared But Not deGrom June 7, 2019
- Vargas Was Complete June 6, 2019
- SF Giants Pitcher Dereck Rodríguez Is Enjoying His Career Trajectory as a Pitcher June 6, 2019
- To Live and Die in LA June 5, 2019