Bronx, N.Y. — The New York Yankees did not let a home run from Red Soxs third baseman Rafael Devers in the bottom of the second inning spoil their night. DJ LeMahieu and Aaron Hicks provided a pair of RBIs to give the Yankees a 4-1 lead and their 37th win of the season. Skilled defensive plays from the Yankees infield made a statement, not allowing the Red Sox offense to score more than a single run on Friday night.
The Yankees hope to carry the winning momentum into Saturday night’s game with Domingo Germán (9-1, 3.43 ERA) on the mound against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello (4-4, 4.41 ERA).
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020
- Alex Cora is The Latest Casualty; Is Carlos Beltran Next? January 14, 2020
- Latino Sports & Puerto Ricans Across Baseball Shine Light on Island Following Series of Earthquakes January 14, 2020
- The Metrics Are Not As Good As It Seems January 14, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Home Run Baker For Kris Bryant January 13, 2020