Bronx, N.Y. — The New York Yankees did not let a home run from Red Soxs third baseman Rafael Devers in the bottom of the second inning spoil their night. DJ LeMahieu and Aaron Hicks provided a pair of RBIs to give the Yankees a 4-1 lead and their 37th win of the season. Skilled defensive plays from the Yankees infield made a statement, not allowing the Red Sox offense to score more than a single run on Friday night.
The Yankees hope to carry the winning momentum into Saturday night’s game with Domingo Germán (9-1, 3.43 ERA) on the mound against right-handed pitcher Rick Porcello (4-4, 4.41 ERA).
- Mercado Shows Patience and Progress For Indians August 23, 2019
- WATCH: Colombian Pride with Gio Urshela August 20, 2019
- WATCH: One-on-One with WFAN’S Ed Coleman August 20, 2019
- Roberto Clemente’s Birthday Commemorated In Bronx In BIG Style August 19, 2019
- Yankees And Umpires At It Again Taking Care Of Indians August 17, 2019
- A Special & Exciting Birthday Celebration & Recognition For The Great One: Roberto Clemente. August 17, 2019
- Puig Kept It Close For Indians In The Bronx August 17, 2019
- German Deserves To Be Yankees Ace August 14, 2019
- Edwin Diaz: Mets Need To Get Him Right August 11, 2019
- Nationals Know Mets Are Real August 11, 2019