New York: Yes Canelo Alvarez on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas did what he had to do. Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on the DAZN stream Network it was Alavarez unifying the middleweight titles with a 12-round unanimous win over Daniel Jacobs. A first half of a fight for Canelo and a second half that put Jacobs in position for a possible win as he took control from the seventh round and grabbed most points on the scorecard except for one.
But the win goes to Caenlo Alvarez. He is once again the top fighter among middleweights and in that top five as best pound-for-pound. And not like two previous fights with Gennady Golovkin, (Triple G) there was no controversy.
Judges had it 115-113, 115-113, 116-112.It was scored here 115-113 and that was fair.One important aspect of this fight, Alvarez, known for throwing many punches to the body, could not get that advantage. Jacobs took cover and prevented Alvarez from doing what others have failed to do.
So the middleweight division for now belongs to the Mexican, Canelo Alvarez. He may have come into this fight in the best shape of his career and improved to 51-2-34 K0’s. He has become the first Mexican fighter to unify the titles. He is the richest athlete in sports with his $365 million 12-fight deal with DAZN and Matchroom Boxing.
Alvarez connected on 40 percent of his punches compared to the 20 percent of Jacobs.
As for a third fight with Golovkin, he said ” “No, for me, it’s over. But if the people want another fight, we’ll do it again, and I’ll beat him again and That’s why I’m here. That’s what I was born for. To fight. To defend what’s mine. I’ll fight anyone.”
But it makes sense for another fight and easier to make because Golovkintwo weeks ago signed a new and lucrative promotional deal with DAZN and Matchroom.
- Danny Garcia Aims For Saturday Night In Title Eliminator January 23, 2020
- Fans of All Ages Needed to See the 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Press Conference January 22, 2020
- Mets Dig From Within to Find New Skipper Luis Rojas January 22, 2020
- In the “Home Run Derby” They All Know What The Pitcher Will Throw January 22, 2020
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020