New York: Yes Canelo Alvarez on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas did what he had to do. Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on the DAZN stream Network it was Alavarez unifying the middleweight titles with a 12-round unanimous win over Daniel Jacobs. A first half of a fight for Canelo and a second half that put Jacobs in position for a possible win as he took control from the seventh round and grabbed most points on the scorecard except for one.
But the win goes to Caenlo Alvarez. He is once again the top fighter among middleweights and in that top five as best pound-for-pound. And not like two previous fights with Gennady Golovkin, (Triple G) there was no controversy.
Judges had it 115-113, 115-113, 116-112.It was scored here 115-113 and that was fair.One important aspect of this fight, Alvarez, known for throwing many punches to the body, could not get that advantage. Jacobs took cover and prevented Alvarez from doing what others have failed to do.
So the middleweight division for now belongs to the Mexican, Canelo Alvarez. He may have come into this fight in the best shape of his career and improved to 51-2-34 K0’s. He has become the first Mexican fighter to unify the titles. He is the richest athlete in sports with his $365 million 12-fight deal with DAZN and Matchroom Boxing.
Alvarez connected on 40 percent of his punches compared to the 20 percent of Jacobs.
As for a third fight with Golovkin, he said ” “No, for me, it’s over. But if the people want another fight, we’ll do it again, and I’ll beat him again and That’s why I’m here. That’s what I was born for. To fight. To defend what’s mine. I’ll fight anyone.”
But it makes sense for another fight and easier to make because Golovkintwo weeks ago signed a new and lucrative promotional deal with DAZN and Matchroom.
- Ugas Back In Title Mix July 21, 2019
- Former Seattle Mariners Pitcher Jamie Moyer Reflects on Edgar Martínez’s Hall of Fame Career July 18, 2019
- An Article For Mets Fans July 17, 2019
- All Eyes On Carlos Hernandez Saturday NIght July 17, 2019
- Four Home Runs Lead Yankees July 17, 2019
- Jose Benavidez Jr.-Luis Collazo and Emanuel Navarrete-Francisco De Vaca Set for Inaugural Fight Card July 15, 2019
- Doc Gooden Setback Is His Latest Demon July 12, 2019
- Join Us On July 21st For Baseball Hall Of Fame Day. July 12, 2019
- Special Day For the Ortiz Brothers, Two Award Winning Jockeys, July 11, 2019
- Vargas Discusses Bantamweight defense Along With Undercard Fighters July 10, 2019