Bronx, NY: The Yanks evened the series with the Chicago White Sox at one-a-piece by a score of 4-0 thanks to the strong five scoreless innings of CC Sabathia in his season debut and a bullpen that also delivered to preserve the Yankee win.
This was a beautiful day for baseball as the lingering cold and clouds left and the baseball Gods blessed the South Bronx with a great summer like day for baseball. Sabathia strong pitching performance was the key. His performance earned him a spot in the record books as he became the first pitcher in Major League history to throw at least five scoreless innings with one hit or fewer and no walks in consecutive starts, “don’t call that a comeback!”
Aaron Judge helped out offensively with a eighth-inning homerun into his courtroom in lower right field that helped seal the Yankee win.
Former Yankee Ivan Nova also pitched well for the Sox as he held the Yanks scoreless through six innings. The Yankee fans did good by giving Nova an appreciative applause when he was relieved and walked off the field. Who says the Yankee fans don’t have any class?
The Yankees broke the game open when they took advantage on an error by second baseman Sox, Yolmer Sanchez that should have been an inning ending double play. Mistakes hurt and the Yankees took advantage of that one.
- We Wait With No Baseball During This Coronavirus Pandemic April 3, 2020
- Yankees And Mets Will Play Outside Of New York (También En Español) April 2, 2020
- When Corona Virus goes, it will be little by little. March 30, 2020
- 30th Anniversary LatinoMVP Awards Won’t Be Spoiled By The Corona Virus Pandemic March 29, 2020
- No Baseball on Scheduled Opening Day March 26, 2020
- Update On Baseball & Home Run Leaders March 20, 2020
- The Update And Options As We Stay Safe March 19, 2020
- This column Celebrates 60 years of providing daily service, from Monday to Sunday. March 18, 2020
- Threat of Corona Virus.- They fear that Perhaps No Baseball In All 2020 March 13, 2020
- Sports World Stops Amid Coronavirus March 12, 2020