El Bronx, NY: Ever since of the announcement of this years Hall Of Fame (HOF) inductee’s that include the first player to ever be inducted unanimously, legendary New York Yankee closer, Mariano Rivera and Seattle Mariners designated hitter Edgardo Martínez we have been receiving many inquiries about our customary bus trip to Cooperstown, NY. Having two Latinos inducted on the same day is historic. Mariano from Panamanian and Edgar from Puerto Rico is one why the number of inquiries so early in the year.
Our bus trips started in 1999 when Orlando Cepeda was finally inducted into the HOF we noticed that many Puerto Ricans and Latinos from the South Bronx were interested in attending. However, given the economic situation of the South Bronx very few families and individuals had the means to travel 189 miles to Cooperstown, NY. Several of us in Latino Sports were definitely going to attend with our families not just to cover the event, but to also witness the second Puerto Rican inducted (Roberto Clemente was the first in 1973) into the prestigious baseball museum.
We had so many of our friends ask us if we had room in our cars that we decided to rent a bus. That one bus turned into three busses and the beginning of a tradition that every time a Latino baseball player is inducted, Latino Sports organizes a bus trip to Cooperstown, NY. The trips have become a pilgrimage for many of friends, family and us as we turn the trip as we Latinos do, CELEBRATION.
This year’s bus is already half full thus we decided to publish this to advise anyone of our readers that if you want to attend this years historic ceremony contact us ASAP.
- Danny Garcia Aims For Saturday Night In Title Eliminator January 23, 2020
- Fans of All Ages Needed to See the 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Press Conference January 22, 2020
- Mets Dig From Within to Find New Skipper Luis Rojas January 22, 2020
- In the “Home Run Derby” They All Know What The Pitcher Will Throw January 22, 2020
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020