The P.S. 25 Cubs Boys basketball team had the incredible opportunity to play at the Barclays Center earlier this month. The event was organized by Dan Marascia of Public School 1and many other contributors.
Schools from all over the Bronx, as well as other boroughs participated. P.S. 25, coached by Mike Cronin, knocked off previously unbeaten P.S. 66. It was an unforgettable day for these student-athletes as they had the opportunity to play on an NBA court and then stay for the Brooklyn Nets game that evening and even stand next to NBA players during the national anthem of the Brooklyn Nets VS. Washington Wizards game.
This was experience meant a lot to all participating student-athletes to have the support of their families and our community at the event. P.S. 25 has seen a tremendous increase in student morale, academics, social-emotional well being and community involvement since athletics began at the school. We look forward to many more opportunities like this, as well as in other sports and involving our girls.
- Mets Dig From Within to Find New Skipper Luis Rojas January 22, 2020
- In the “Home Run Derby” They All Know What The Pitcher Will Throw January 22, 2020
- Santurce Revalidated Themselves As Champions In PR Winter Baseball January 21, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020
- Alex Cora is The Latest Casualty; Is Carlos Beltran Next? January 14, 2020
- Latino Sports & Puerto Ricans Across Baseball Shine Light on Island Following Series of Earthquakes January 14, 2020