The P.S. 25 Cubs Boys basketball team had the incredible opportunity to play at the Barclays Center earlier this month. The event was organized by Dan Marascia of Public School 1and many other contributors.
Schools from all over the Bronx, as well as other boroughs participated. P.S. 25, coached by Mike Cronin, knocked off previously unbeaten P.S. 66. It was an unforgettable day for these student-athletes as they had the opportunity to play on an NBA court and then stay for the Brooklyn Nets game that evening and even stand next to NBA players during the national anthem of the Brooklyn Nets VS. Washington Wizards game.
This was experience meant a lot to all participating student-athletes to have the support of their families and our community at the event. P.S. 25 has seen a tremendous increase in student morale, academics, social-emotional well being and community involvement since athletics began at the school. We look forward to many more opportunities like this, as well as in other sports and involving our girls.
- September 23rd – Meaningful Day for Puerto Ricans & Dominicans September 23, 2020
- 2020 POSTSEASON SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED September 22, 2020
- Art For A Cause September 22, 2020
- MLB, MLBPA JOINTLY COMMIT $10 MILLION TO THE PLAYERS ALLIANCE September 21, 2020
- Pedraza Dominates And In Title Mix September 20, 2020
- The Yankees: A New Murders Row in The Bronx? September 18, 2020
- The Minor Leagues, Where Players Learn The Game September 17, 2020
- MLB AND MLB CLUBS TAKE ACTION ON VOTER EDUCATION, REGISTRATION & TURNOUT, AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT September 17, 2020
- Freddie Freeman Takes Front-Runner Spot In National League MVP Chase September 16, 2020
- William Gerena-Rochet: It Was Always About Reality September 15, 2020