The P.S. 25 Cubs Boys basketball team had the incredible opportunity to play at the Barclays Center earlier this month. The event was organized by Dan Marascia of Public School 1and many other contributors.
Schools from all over the Bronx, as well as other boroughs participated. P.S. 25, coached by Mike Cronin, knocked off previously unbeaten P.S. 66. It was an unforgettable day for these student-athletes as they had the opportunity to play on an NBA court and then stay for the Brooklyn Nets game that evening and even stand next to NBA players during the national anthem of the Brooklyn Nets VS. Washington Wizards game.
This was experience meant a lot to all participating student-athletes to have the support of their families and our community at the event. P.S. 25 has seen a tremendous increase in student morale, academics, social-emotional well being and community involvement since athletics began at the school. We look forward to many more opportunities like this, as well as in other sports and involving our girls.
- Newest Bronx Bomber Already Leads League In Home Runs June 16, 2019
- Diaz Gets The Save In Mets Adventure June 16, 2019
- A Cardinals Win With Meaning June 15, 2019
- Settle For Split In The Bronx June 12, 2019
- How Rafu Rodríguez-Bertrán Is A Shining Star for Puerto Rico on the AVP Beach Volleyball Tour June 10, 2019
- David Ortiz Expected to Make Full Recovery After Shooting June 10, 2019
- Tempers Flared But Not deGrom June 7, 2019
- Vargas Was Complete June 6, 2019
- SF Giants Pitcher Dereck Rodríguez Is Enjoying His Career Trajectory as a Pitcher June 6, 2019
- To Live and Die in LA June 5, 2019