After burning the bats in the finals of the winter baseball season in Puerto Rico, the Cangrejeros de Santurce were limited to one hit to lose in the opening match of the tournament on Monday, 3-1, against the Dominican Republic in the National State Stadium, Rod Carew in the capital of Panama.
The champions of the Professional Baseball League Roberto Clemente (LBPRC) arrived in the Panamanian capital with 39 undisputed consecutive hits connected in their sweep of four games against the Mayagüez Indians.
However, on Monday only designated hitter David Vidal was able to connect against pitching of the Dominican Republic after the impeccable work of the starter Néstor Cortés (winning pitcher) and the relievers Jenry Mejía and Román Méndez. The trio combined for 1.80 ERA with nine strikeouts in eight innings.
- It Has Worked For MLB: World Series Continues October 22, 2020
- Rays’ Bounce Back and Win Another Nail Biter October 22, 2020
- Highest Paid in Major League Baseball – Los Mejor Pagados En Las Grandes Liga October 22, 2020
- Dodgers Take Game One In A Dominating Way October 21, 2020
- Cuba Mourns The Departure Of Tomás ‘El Jabao’ Herrera October 21, 2020
- The Most Defeated In The World Series – Los más derrotados en las S. Mundiales October 21, 2020
- FANS SEARCH FOR FERNANDO TATIS JR. HIGHLIGHTS MORE THAN ANY OTHER DURING 2020 POSTSEASON October 20, 2020
- The Game Taught Roberts That The Pitcher Was Urías October 20, 2020
- Letters From Beyond – Bob Gibson’s for Young Pitchers – Las cartas desde El Más Allá.- La de Bob Gibson para Los jóvenes lanzadores October 20, 2020
- Dodgers Going To The World Series October 19, 2020