After burning the bats in the finals of the winter baseball season in Puerto Rico, the Cangrejeros de Santurce were limited to one hit to lose in the opening match of the tournament on Monday, 3-1, against the Dominican Republic in the National State Stadium, Rod Carew in the capital of Panama.
The champions of the Professional Baseball League Roberto Clemente (LBPRC) arrived in the Panamanian capital with 39 undisputed consecutive hits connected in their sweep of four games against the Mayagüez Indians.
However, on Monday only designated hitter David Vidal was able to connect against pitching of the Dominican Republic after the impeccable work of the starter Néstor Cortés (winning pitcher) and the relievers Jenry Mejía and Román Méndez. The trio combined for 1.80 ERA with nine strikeouts in eight innings.
- So Long Bartolo Colón February 21, 2019
- Manny Machado Inks Historic Deal with Padres February 20, 2019
- Remembering Pro Wrestler Pedro Morales February 18, 2019
- See you soon, T-Bone! February 17, 2019
- Pedro Morales Changed The Landscape February 12, 2019
- Brian Flores Wins Super Bowl, Becomes New Fins Head Coach in 24-Hour Span February 6, 2019
- Panama City.- Puerto Rico Came Cold to the Caribbean Series February 4, 2019
- Super Bowl LIII: New England Patriot Joe Cardona February 3, 2019
- Tony Gonzalez to Pro Football Hall of Fame February 3, 2019
- Super Bowl: Ads, Beer & Betting February 2, 2019