After burning the bats in the finals of the winter baseball season in Puerto Rico, the Cangrejeros de Santurce were limited to one hit to lose in the opening match of the tournament on Monday, 3-1, against the Dominican Republic in the National State Stadium, Rod Carew in the capital of Panama.
The champions of the Professional Baseball League Roberto Clemente (LBPRC) arrived in the Panamanian capital with 39 undisputed consecutive hits connected in their sweep of four games against the Mayagüez Indians.
However, on Monday only designated hitter David Vidal was able to connect against pitching of the Dominican Republic after the impeccable work of the starter Néstor Cortés (winning pitcher) and the relievers Jenry Mejía and Román Méndez. The trio combined for 1.80 ERA with nine strikeouts in eight innings.
- Ugas Back In Title Mix July 21, 2019
- Former Seattle Mariners Pitcher Jamie Moyer Reflects on Edgar Martínez’s Hall of Fame Career July 18, 2019
- An Article For Mets Fans July 17, 2019
- All Eyes On Carlos Hernandez Saturday NIght July 17, 2019
- Four Home Runs Lead Yankees July 17, 2019
- Jose Benavidez Jr.-Luis Collazo and Emanuel Navarrete-Francisco De Vaca Set for Inaugural Fight Card July 15, 2019
- Doc Gooden Setback Is His Latest Demon July 12, 2019
- Join Us On July 21st For Baseball Hall Of Fame Day. July 12, 2019
- Special Day For the Ortiz Brothers, Two Award Winning Jockeys, July 11, 2019
- Vargas Discusses Bantamweight defense Along With Undercard Fighters July 10, 2019