As the new year comes to an end and much of the baseball off season deals and trades are completed we baseball fans look forward to the next big baseball event and that is the names of those players selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame class of 2019.
One retired players name is a definite shoe in. That player is New York Yankee reliever, Mariano Rivera. This will be Mariano’s first year of eligibility and there is little doubt on anyone’s mind that Mariano will not get in on this, his first year. This means that Latino Sports will once again be heading out to the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday July 21st, 2019 as we do every time that a Latino is inducted.
Being a South Bronx based organization we know of the difficulty of many Latino baseball fans who would love to go to an induction ceremony to see a Latino inducted, but the distance, lack of transportation and their finances makes it too difficult to attend. Thus, we in Latino Sports started organizing trips when Orlando Cepeda was finally inducted and many Puerto Rican fans wanted to attend but could not due to lack of resources. That was back in 1999 and since then we have made it possible for South Bronx residents to attend by organizing a fun full day trip that is organized and affordable
Thus we can say that we are going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2019. However, this year we might have more than one Latino inducted. This could finally be the year that Edgar Martínez the “hitting machine” from the Seattle Mariners gets inducted.
- MLB ANNOUNCES 2021 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE July 9, 2020
- Danger from a players’ strike in 2022 – Peligro de una huelga de peloteros en 2022 July 9, 2020
- Short But Not Sweet: Crazy MLB Schedule Hard To Figure Out July 8, 2020
- The Cleveland Indians will no longer be the Indians – Los Indios de Cléveland ya no serán los Indios July 8, 2020
- The Letter from the Afterlife.- From Buck Canel for BB journalists/La Carta desde el Más Allá.- De Buck Canel para los periodistas del BB July 7, 2020
- The Risk Has Arrived With MLB Schedule In Place July 7, 2020
- What We’ve Seen In The First Week of Summer Camp July 6, 2020
- Latin Americans and the Hall of Fame – July 4, 2020
- THE 2022 MIDSUMMER CLASSIC TO THE DODGERS July 3, 2020
- MLB AND MLBPA ANNOUNCE FIRST COVID-19 TEST RESULTS July 3, 2020