As the new year comes to an end and much of the baseball off season deals and trades are completed we baseball fans look forward to the next big baseball event and that is the names of those players selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame class of 2019.
One retired players name is a definite shoe in. That player is New York Yankee reliever, Mariano Rivera. This will be Mariano’s first year of eligibility and there is little doubt on anyone’s mind that Mariano will not get in on this, his first year. This means that Latino Sports will once again be heading out to the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday July 21st, 2019 as we do every time that a Latino is inducted.
Being a South Bronx based organization we know of the difficulty of many Latino baseball fans who would love to go to an induction ceremony to see a Latino inducted, but the distance, lack of transportation and their finances makes it too difficult to attend. Thus, we in Latino Sports started organizing trips when Orlando Cepeda was finally inducted and many Puerto Rican fans wanted to attend but could not due to lack of resources. That was back in 1999 and since then we have made it possible for South Bronx residents to attend by organizing a fun full day trip that is organized and affordable
Thus we can say that we are going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2019. However, this year we might have more than one Latino inducted. This could finally be the year that Edgar Martínez the “hitting machine” from the Seattle Mariners gets inducted.
- Pedraza Dominates And In Title Mix September 20, 2020
- The Yankees: A New Murders Row in The Bronx? September 18, 2020
- The Minor Leagues, Where Players Learn The Game September 17, 2020
- MLB AND MLB CLUBS TAKE ACTION ON VOTER EDUCATION, REGISTRATION & TURNOUT, AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT September 17, 2020
- Freddie Freeman Takes Front-Runner Spot In National League MVP Chase September 16, 2020
- William Gerena-Rochet: It Was Always About Reality September 15, 2020
- Tell It To The Judge September 14, 2020
- Boxing Notebook: Canelo, Oscar, and DAZN In Contract Fight September 12, 2020
- Anthony Rendón Receives His LatinoMVP Award September 11, 2020
- The Mets Pull Out Improbable Win Over Orioles September 10, 2020