As the new year comes to an end and much of the baseball off season deals and trades are completed we baseball fans look forward to the next big baseball event and that is the names of those players selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame class of 2019.
One retired players name is a definite shoe in. That player is New York Yankee reliever, Mariano Rivera. This will be Mariano’s first year of eligibility and there is little doubt on anyone’s mind that Mariano will not get in on this, his first year. This means that Latino Sports will once again be heading out to the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday July 21st, 2019 as we do every time that a Latino is inducted.
Being a South Bronx based organization we know of the difficulty of many Latino baseball fans who would love to go to an induction ceremony to see a Latino inducted, but the distance, lack of transportation and their finances makes it too difficult to attend. Thus, we in Latino Sports started organizing trips when Orlando Cepeda was finally inducted and many Puerto Rican fans wanted to attend but could not due to lack of resources. That was back in 1999 and since then we have made it possible for South Bronx residents to attend by organizing a fun full day trip that is organized and affordable
Thus we can say that we are going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2019. However, this year we might have more than one Latino inducted. This could finally be the year that Edgar Martínez the “hitting machine” from the Seattle Mariners gets inducted.
- Expert Hall of Fame Readers – Lectores expertos en lo del Hall de la Fama February 28, 2021
- Boxing Landscape Change: Teofimo In A “Triller” February 27, 2021
- Inviting You To Vote For The 2020 LatinoMVP Awards February 27, 2021
- Update on Boricua Baseball Players in 2021 Season – José Berríos February 27, 2021
- Boston in Spanish for 2021 Season – Boston en castellano para temporada 2021 February 27, 2021
- Update on Boricua Baseball Players in 2021 Season – Javier Báez February 26, 2021
- Baseball, a Poem With Hitting Audio – El beisbol, un poema con audio de batazos February 26, 2021
- Update on Boricua Baseball Players in 2021 – Edwin “Sugar” Díaz February 25, 2021
- Jhivvan Jackson Surpasses J.J. Barea to become the highest scoring Latino in NCAA history. February 25, 2021
- The 2021 Dodgers and 29 Other Teams – Los Dodgers 2021 y 29 equipos más February 25, 2021