East Rutherford, NJ – With the New York Jets 2018 NFL season coming to a close, the best thing about their 29-22 loss to the Houston Texans was the pregame meal in the press box. The turkey chili and grilled chicken that was served best represent their once promising season in the sense that it’s time call it a year and focus on the Holidays.
With that said, here are my 10 postgame thoughts…
- Enough is enough… Jets coach Todd Bowles needs to be fired.
- Lloyd Carroll of the Queens Chronicle was missed. So many media members asked for him…
- Following his gutsy 24-of-38 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns performance, Jets rookie QB Sam Darnold is the future of the team. All he needs is better pass protection.
- With the Holiday Season in full swing, I’ve yet to be invited to a Holiday Party.
- The J-E-T-S touchdown celebrations are boring and lack creativity.
- Thanks to Joe McDonald, Owner of NYSportsDay, I’m looking forward to the movie, Glass.
- Despite the loss, the Jets defense 6 sacks performance was a season-high.
- On the train ride from the game, I was pleased to run into MLB Photographer Josh Lobel.
- With two games remaining in the season, the Jets are in position to either finish the season 6-10 or 4-12. Against the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots, anything is possible.
- Win or Lose, I always enjoy the pregame view of an empty MetLife Stadium.
- Lagares Gets Biggest Hit in Mets Career May 22, 2019
- Carroll’s Column: New York Sports Edition May 20, 2019
- Urshela Hands the Yankees Keys to First Place On Top AL East with Walk-Off Against Rays May 18, 2019
- Tampa Bay Rays Shortstop and Bronx Native Returns Home May 17, 2019
- Puerto Rico Heritage Highlights ESPN/TOP Rank Fights May 16, 2019
- Yankees Rolling Along Even With Bad News May 15, 2019
- Records Were Made To Be Broken May 14, 2019
- One-On-One With Roenis Elías May 11, 2019
- Focus Meeting And Mets Hit With It May 10, 2019
- Albert Adds Another Milestone To Hall of Fame Resume May 10, 2019