New York: There has been a lot of talk lately of a blockbuster deal that new Mets general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen is supposedly working on in bringing Robinson Cano back to New York along with the best closer in baseball, Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners.
Seattle is interested in this deal as Seattle General Manager, Jerry DiPoto wants to reduce the Seattle payroll and focus on building up their weal minor league system.
Though Cano has a “no trade clause” in his contract with Seattle, I personally believe that speaking to Cano prior to him leaving the Yankees that he really loves our city and after being in the upper Northeast USA, he would love to come back to the Big Mango (AKA Big Apple) where the spice and flavor of his native Caribbean, Dominican roots are much closer that Seattle. It also helps that GM Van Wagenen was the one that helped Cano secure his 10-year, $240 million contract when he was an agent with Creative Artist Agency.
As for Edwin Díaz, this electric Puerto Rican would love being a pitcher in the second most populated city of his fellow Boricuas outside of his native Puerto Rico.
If the deal is finished and it works out the Mets would generate a great amount of enthusiasm from a fan base that needs some enlightenment and who knows, they might also win over some Yankee fans that always had love and appreciation for Robinson Cano.
Let’s see what happens, I for one am hoping this deal is made and what a way to welcome the new Mets GM than with this blockbuster deal.
- Letter From The Hereafter From Ty Cobb To José Altuve About The Theft of Signs January 20, 2020
- Latino Pride Continued In Ring Saturday Evening At Different Venues January 19, 2020
- Beltran Was A Victim And Baseball Begins Damage Control January 16, 2020
- Beltrán Departs As Mets Manager Amidst Scandal January 16, 2020
- The Baseball Scandal Stuns, But Miguel Cabrera Is A Mountaineer January 16, 2020
- Alex Cora is The Latest Casualty; Is Carlos Beltran Next? January 14, 2020
- Latino Sports & Puerto Ricans Across Baseball Shine Light on Island Following Series of Earthquakes January 14, 2020
- The Metrics Are Not As Good As It Seems January 14, 2020
- Letter From The Hereafter From Home Run Baker For Kris Bryant January 13, 2020
- The Mexican family of the Urías is partying January 10, 2020