New York: There has been a lot of talk lately of a blockbuster deal that new Mets general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen is supposedly working on in bringing Robinson Cano back to New York along with the best closer in baseball, Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners.
Seattle is interested in this deal as Seattle General Manager, Jerry DiPoto wants to reduce the Seattle payroll and focus on building up their weal minor league system.
Though Cano has a “no trade clause” in his contract with Seattle, I personally believe that speaking to Cano prior to him leaving the Yankees that he really loves our city and after being in the upper Northeast USA, he would love to come back to the Big Mango (AKA Big Apple) where the spice and flavor of his native Caribbean, Dominican roots are much closer that Seattle. It also helps that GM Van Wagenen was the one that helped Cano secure his 10-year, $240 million contract when he was an agent with Creative Artist Agency.
As for Edwin Díaz, this electric Puerto Rican would love being a pitcher in the second most populated city of his fellow Boricuas outside of his native Puerto Rico.
If the deal is finished and it works out the Mets would generate a great amount of enthusiasm from a fan base that needs some enlightenment and who knows, they might also win over some Yankee fans that always had love and appreciation for Robinson Cano.
Let’s see what happens, I for one am hoping this deal is made and what a way to welcome the new Mets GM than with this blockbuster deal.
- MLB ANNOUNCES TENTATIVE PLANS FOR 2021 November 24, 2020
- The Cards From The Beyond – Wes Ferrell’s to Designated Hitter – Las Cartas Desde El Más Allá.- La de Wes Ferrell para El Bateador Designado November 23, 2020
- How And Why Reject A Major League Baseball Bonus – Cómo y por qué rechazar Bonos de Grandes Ligas November 21, 2020
- Canó Did Not Have To Use Any Prohibited Substance – Canó no tenía por qué meterse nada prohibido November 20, 2020
- Sad Part Is The Tarnished Image Of Robinson Cano November 19, 2020
- Votes for Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, and Schilling – Votos para Bonds,Sosa, Clemens, y Schilling November 19, 2020
- METS’ CANÓ SUSPENDED November 18, 2020
- Yankees, $ 8,800,000 to $ 3.7 billion – Yankees, de $8.800.000 a $ 3 mil 700 millones November 18, 2020
- The Offensive Averages of Aparicio and Ripken – Los Promedios Ofensivos De Aparicio y De Ripken November 17, 2020
- 2020 AMERICAN & NATIONAL LEAGUE CY YOUNG WINNERS November 16, 2020