New York: There has been a lot of talk lately of a blockbuster deal that new Mets general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen is supposedly working on in bringing Robinson Cano back to New York along with the best closer in baseball, Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners.
Seattle is interested in this deal as Seattle General Manager, Jerry DiPoto wants to reduce the Seattle payroll and focus on building up their weal minor league system.
Though Cano has a “no trade clause” in his contract with Seattle, I personally believe that speaking to Cano prior to him leaving the Yankees that he really loves our city and after being in the upper Northeast USA, he would love to come back to the Big Mango (AKA Big Apple) where the spice and flavor of his native Caribbean, Dominican roots are much closer that Seattle. It also helps that GM Van Wagenen was the one that helped Cano secure his 10-year, $240 million contract when he was an agent with Creative Artist Agency.
As for Edwin Díaz, this electric Puerto Rican would love being a pitcher in the second most populated city of his fellow Boricuas outside of his native Puerto Rico.
If the deal is finished and it works out the Mets would generate a great amount of enthusiasm from a fan base that needs some enlightenment and who knows, they might also win over some Yankee fans that always had love and appreciation for Robinson Cano.
Let’s see what happens, I for one am hoping this deal is made and what a way to welcome the new Mets GM than with this blockbuster deal.
- Bronx Boy Looking Towards NBA March 22, 2019
- PS 25 Students Basketball Team Play @ Barclays Center March 22, 2019
- Gio For Now Is A Yankee March 19, 2019
- Where are the Latino Athletes in Colleges and High Schools? March 17, 2019
- Collazo Living His Purpose March 16, 2019
- 2019 Spring Training Gallery: New York Mets March 16, 2019
- What Does a Lack of Latino Professional Athletes Have to do With Will Hernandez? March 16, 2019
- Is Kyrie Irving to Blame for the Boston Celtics’ Rough Season? March 15, 2019
- Woman Cyclist Forced to Stop Racing After Catching Up With Male Cyclists March 8, 2019
- 2019 Spring Training Gallery: Cactus League March 7, 2019