New York: There has been a lot of talk lately of a blockbuster deal that new Mets general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen is supposedly working on in bringing Robinson Cano back to New York along with the best closer in baseball, Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners.
Seattle is interested in this deal as Seattle General Manager, Jerry DiPoto wants to reduce the Seattle payroll and focus on building up their weal minor league system.
Though Cano has a “no trade clause” in his contract with Seattle, I personally believe that speaking to Cano prior to him leaving the Yankees that he really loves our city and after being in the upper Northeast USA, he would love to come back to the Big Mango (AKA Big Apple) where the spice and flavor of his native Caribbean, Dominican roots are much closer that Seattle. It also helps that GM Van Wagenen was the one that helped Cano secure his 10-year, $240 million contract when he was an agent with Creative Artist Agency.
As for Edwin Díaz, this electric Puerto Rican would love being a pitcher in the second most populated city of his fellow Boricuas outside of his native Puerto Rico.
If the deal is finished and it works out the Mets would generate a great amount of enthusiasm from a fan base that needs some enlightenment and who knows, they might also win over some Yankee fans that always had love and appreciation for Robinson Cano.
Let’s see what happens, I for one am hoping this deal is made and what a way to welcome the new Mets GM than with this blockbuster deal.
- Ugas Back In Title Mix July 21, 2019
- Former Seattle Mariners Pitcher Jamie Moyer Reflects on Edgar Martínez’s Hall of Fame Career July 18, 2019
- An Article For Mets Fans July 17, 2019
- All Eyes On Carlos Hernandez Saturday NIght July 17, 2019
- Four Home Runs Lead Yankees July 17, 2019
- Jose Benavidez Jr.-Luis Collazo and Emanuel Navarrete-Francisco De Vaca Set for Inaugural Fight Card July 15, 2019
- Doc Gooden Setback Is His Latest Demon July 12, 2019
- Join Us On July 21st For Baseball Hall Of Fame Day. July 12, 2019
- Special Day For the Ortiz Brothers, Two Award Winning Jockeys, July 11, 2019
- Vargas Discusses Bantamweight defense Along With Undercard Fighters July 10, 2019