New York: There has been a lot of talk lately of a blockbuster deal that new Mets general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen is supposedly working on in bringing Robinson Cano back to New York along with the best closer in baseball, Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners.
Seattle is interested in this deal as Seattle General Manager, Jerry DiPoto wants to reduce the Seattle payroll and focus on building up their weal minor league system.
Though Cano has a “no trade clause” in his contract with Seattle, I personally believe that speaking to Cano prior to him leaving the Yankees that he really loves our city and after being in the upper Northeast USA, he would love to come back to the Big Mango (AKA Big Apple) where the spice and flavor of his native Caribbean, Dominican roots are much closer that Seattle. It also helps that GM Van Wagenen was the one that helped Cano secure his 10-year, $240 million contract when he was an agent with Creative Artist Agency.
As for Edwin Díaz, this electric Puerto Rican would love being a pitcher in the second most populated city of his fellow Boricuas outside of his native Puerto Rico.
If the deal is finished and it works out the Mets would generate a great amount of enthusiasm from a fan base that needs some enlightenment and who knows, they might also win over some Yankee fans that always had love and appreciation for Robinson Cano.
Let’s see what happens, I for one am hoping this deal is made and what a way to welcome the new Mets GM than with this blockbuster deal.
- We Wait With No Baseball During This Coronavirus Pandemic April 3, 2020
- Yankees And Mets Will Play Outside Of New York (También En Español) April 2, 2020
- When Corona Virus goes, it will be little by little. March 30, 2020
- 30th Anniversary LatinoMVP Awards Won’t Be Spoiled By The Corona Virus Pandemic March 29, 2020
- No Baseball on Scheduled Opening Day March 26, 2020
- Update On Baseball & Home Run Leaders March 20, 2020
- The Update And Options As We Stay Safe March 19, 2020
- This column Celebrates 60 years of providing daily service, from Monday to Sunday. March 18, 2020
- Threat of Corona Virus.- They fear that Perhaps No Baseball In All 2020 March 13, 2020
- Sports World Stops Amid Coronavirus March 12, 2020