If your like us, a person who loves sports, but wants to know more about Latinos in sports, or would like to express your opinion about something in sports, then congratulations you found us. Latinos today represent an important source for just about every organized sports league and event. We have gone beyond baseball and boxing to many other main stream and non-mainstream area of sports.
If you feel the void when it comes to Latinos in sports then we found each other.
Next question, do you want to do something about it? Do you want to join a multi-generational group of Latinos and non-Latinos (unos atrevidos) that decided to do something about it and are, Haciendo Historia?
Our ancestors predicted that 2012 is a year of the end. We believe that message is for us. It’s the year that we set it strait because: It’s About Us, It’s About Time.
If you can share 5 to 8 articles per month, and believe that you have what it takes to join a group of committed individuals that believe strongly in the quote: “we will find a way, or make one”, then we say, Bienvenido.
Send an email to Cesar@LatinoSports.com with your name, contact information, and responses to the following questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why do you want to write for Latino Sports?
- How will your articles contribute to the Latino Sports community?
- What are some of your topics of interest? How do those topics relate to writing for Latino Sports?
- What are your writing credentials, if any?
- Readers often share dissenting opinions, sometimes in a negative manner. How will you deal with those comments?
- We believe that all relationships are win – win, so what are your expectations upon entering into a working relationship with Latino Sports?
For your writing sample, please choose two Latino Sports articles that you enjoyed. Tell us why you enjoyed them. Choose one and rewrite or expand based on your writing style or approach.
Please allow seven to fourteen days for review of your application. If your application is approved, you will receive the following:
- You will enter into a 60-day/16-article probation period
- Receive article submission guidelines, including checklist
- The opportunity to be part of the best Latino Sports daily destination on the web!
- Meeting with core group representative.
After the probationary period, staff writers receive the following:
- Bio in the Meet The Team section
- A space in the author’s grid located on the home page
- Press credential to cover sports events
- Expose yourself to a world of sports from a different perspective, up close.
- Possible exposure to direct sporting events where credentials might be solicited.
- Training on direct sports coverage
- Depending on the sport you choose direct exposure to that dicepline
I understand that if I am accepted as a Latino Sports contributor, I will commit to the following:
Submit three to five articles per month. Articles must be:
- A maximum of two-three paragraphs or 500 words. In some cases depending on the topic we might accept longer pieces that would be split up into parts.
- Relevant to the Sports community or a reflection of YOUR perspective..
- Free of profanity or vulgar language.
- Free of self-promotion or advertisement. The major purpose of the site is to educate and empower the reader.
- Original content, exclusive to the Latino Sports.
You are joining a family, therefore we want you to become a reader/supporter of other Latino Sports contributors
Submit completed article (see submission guidelines) by 6:00 a.m. EST on Friday for publishing the following week, or sooner depending on content, or time sensitive material.